November 1, 2009

No tricks, just treats! 11 reasons to vote on Nov. 3

I was derelict in my blog duties last week, because I had my sights set on Halloween fun! If you happened to stop by yesterday, you'll know I had a smorgasbord of treats: everything from the popular juice box (the choice selection of the night) to stickers, eyeball bubble and parachute toys and the 2nd popular choice of the night Goldfish! I also had Laffy Taffy candies on hand, because it's just not Halloween unless there's some candy!


It was so much fun seeing neighbor kids, teens, and parents dressed in terrifically scary or adorably cuddly (the babies, not the parents) costumes. My honey and I saw a baby lion, lots of princesses and pirates, a marine, classic Marvel Comic Book heroes, and other spooky characters! One of the highlights of the night was a lil' girl, maybe 2'5", who ran across the street lightening fast and enthusiastically shouting, "TRICK OR TREAT! TRICK OR TREAT! TRICK OR TREAT!" She was on a mission!

And though we didn't snap any photos w/the neighbor kids, we did get this photo of me holding down the treat stand.


11 Reasons to Vote on November 3rd
As for Tuesday's election, the 11 reasons to vote are...you guessed it, the 11 amendments to our Constitution. Voting on Tuesday is one way we can shape our State's fundamental principles.

The last Growing Democracy blog briefed you on the ballot, but for more information, visit the Southwest Austin Community Impact article: Constitutional amendments on the Nov. 3 ballot.

November 3rd Polling Location

View Larger Map

I hope everyone had a sweet-filled and safe Halloween weekend.

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online